REPORT USE ONLY _Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)*
Royal Life Saving Society NSW is not a CRICOS provider; it is unable to provide national training to overseas students holding a student visa.
As part of this course candidates must be able to perform at least two minutes of uninterrupted CPR on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor.
This course describes the skills and knowledge required to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines. This unit applies to all workers who may be required to provide CPR in a range of situations‚ include community and workplace settings.
Specific licensing requirements relating to this competency, including requirements for refresher training should be obtained from the relevant state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authority.
All candidates are required to successfully complete a range of practical assessments. Candidates must perform at least two minutes of uninterrupted CPR on an infant‚ and an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor.
This course requires practical application of Resuscitation and other practical scenarios that will require kneeling on the floor. In order to achieve a Statement of Attainment, candidates must successfully complete the practical components under the award conditions. For more information on the practical assessments click here.
Upon successful completion, candidates will be provided a Statement of Attainment with the following units of competency:
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
In order to make sure we are conducting training as safely as possible, and to protect our learners and trainers, Royal Life Saving has implemented some changes to the way we facilitate our Face to Face workshops. We have:
- Made hand hygiene facilities available at our training venues;
- Increased cleaning frequencies and standards for general spaces and equipment;
- Decreased group sizes;
- Introduced physical distancing as per current Government restrictions;
- and Mandated the completion of Infection Control learning modules for all staff and trainers.
At your course you can expect:
- To be asked to complete a Verbal Health Assessment, and Temperature check;
- To be asked to wash/ sanitise your hands prior to entering the training space;
- To be provided adequate personal space in order to maintain required physical distances from others;
- To perform practical assessment tasks on yourself or on a manikin (not on others);
- To be asked to excuse yourself from the training space if you declare yourself to be unwell, or begin displaying flu-like signs;
- To be asked to wash/sanitise your hands before leaving the workshop.
These changes will help to keep everybody safe and they form part of our Terms and Conditions for participation. If you think you may have any difficulty complying with these changes, please contact your local Royal Life Saving office at your earliest convenience.